Our History

Pialba Bowls Club as we know it today, was established in 1961 and was nick-named the Club for Everyone. The club originally began with four rinks built by the owner of the Point Vernon Hotel with the formation of the Vernon Bowls Club in 1928; to later be renamed the Pialba Bowls Club in 1935.

With growing interest in the game, Hervey Bay RSL purchased land in Taylor Street and offered to the Pialba Bowls committee for a small sum. A full-size green was built with the old club building serving as the pavilion. It became Pialba Services Memorial Bowls Club with the first game played in Dec 1961 and official opening taking place on May 12, 1962.
Pialba Bowls Club has expanded over the years with a new clubhouse built by members Noel Keyworth and Bruce Low; officially opening on September 2, 1979. The club continues to grow with the times, having merged in 2014 to become an intra-club of the very successful Hervey Bay Boat Club which promises future development proposals including a new site at Dundowran. With two high-quality greens, established bowlers that bowl at a very high level, brand new bowlers learning the sport and a fabulous friendly atmosphere and social-club facilities— 
Be Sure to Check Us Out!

Join us in the club House